Sunday, February 13, 2011

November 1, 2010

Hola Familia!!!!
 
I can't believe it's my last week! Time has flown!!!!!!!! I don't have a whol lot of time but I have been getting your dearelders- thanks!! It's so fun to hear from all of you. Thanks for the package of treats and stuff. I had an AMAZING week. Richard G. Scott came on Tues and talked to us. It was about his life lessons and things he has learned of how to be lead by the spirit. He actually made a print out of it but they won't let us copy them because it's just supposed to be for the people that were there but I'll see what I can do later. I did take some notes that I'll send home with some other stuff. It is free for me to send a package to a place by shopko here in provo so i'll give them nicoles cell number and if she picks it up in 1-2 days its free so I'll probably do that with some things even though it won't be a whole lot. There is supposed to be another general athority coming this week for devo (tomorrow) so I'll tell you about it when I call. Because I leave on SUNDAY!!!!!!
 
Here is the scheudle: (there is 22 of us so we are the group Eric Young was getting ready for) It's a huge group and I'm super excited to go!
 
Hola Familia!!!!
 
I can't believe it's my last week! Time has flown!!!!!!!! I don't have a whol lot of time but I have been getting your dearelders- thanks!! It's so fun to hear from all of you. THanks for the package of treats and stuff. I had an AMAZING week. Richard G. Scott came on Tues and talked to us. It was about his life lessons and things he has learned of how to be lead by the spirit. He actually made a print out of it but they won't let us copy them because it's just supposed to be for the people that were there but I'll see what I can do later. I did take some notes that I'll send home with some other stuff. It is free for me to send a package to a place by shopko here in provo so i'll give them nicoles cell number and if she picks it up in 1-2 days its free so I'll probably do that with some things even though it won't be a whole lot. There is supposed to be another gernral athority coming this week for devo (tomorrow) so I'll tell you about it when I call. Because I leave on SUNDAY!!!!!!
 
Here is the scheudle: (there is 22 of us so we are the group Eric Young was getting ready for) It's a huge group and I'm super excited to go!
 
Sunday Leave the MTC and 12 noon
Fly American Airlines fight 1392 from SL to Dallas 2:35-6:10
then flight 945 from Dallas to Santiago 9:10pm - 9:50am. That should be fun!!!
 
So thats what I'm doin and where I'll be on Sunday. I'm not sure of peoples church schedules but I will call in SL and in Dallas probably. Let me know if a certain time works best for any of you (i can't check my e-mail again before I leave so you will have to do it through dearelder if you have a specific time) I'm not sure how many min I have on my card but I will just make whatever I have work because I don't have that long of a lay over or anything. As far as bags go. I'm going to just do 50 pounds and not pay extra I may have a lot of stuff in my bookbag and just wear my coats and heavy stuff. There might also be some elders with extra weight so I'm sure I'll be fine. And the rest of the stuff I"ll just send to Nicole.
 
On Sat all the bathrooms in the sisters residence halls were closed because a pipe broke. So we had the genious idea to sneak out and go to a diff building that has a big bathroom with showers in it. (we all wanted to shower for sunday) and so we sneak out there, get over there and they have shut the water off to the showers because they aren't used anymore but we at least got to brush our teeth so it was worth it :)
Then yesterday we sang armies of helamen in church well i didn't sing, I just played the piano but It was really good and then I got called on to give a talk on Faith. (we just all write talks and then they choose 2 people to give them and I was the lucky winner this week) we have only had a few people talk from our district but it wasnt' too bad. It wasn't too long either but I think I pronounced the words ok and it wasn't too bad. Although after sacrament I did start to cry when another sister in my zone started to cry in the closing song  God be with you till we meet again. It's so hard to leave this place and all the amazing friends I made while I was here but I'm super excited and a little nervous to go. I'm just looking forward to not knowing what people are saying let a lone know what to say to them. It's going to be great.
 
For Halloween (when we got back to our room an 9pm) we dressed up as zombies and went trick or treating to a couple doors. It was fun (pictures to come) I'm sending home cd's of my memory card. When you get them take a look and see if they work because I might need to errase the card someday if I run out of space but at least that will give me a few backups (it will be one thing in the box for Nicole)
 
Elder Wong leaves in the morning, I saw him today and he is super excited. he said you had written him. Also tell Logan Hi for me!  Mom, how do you like your hair? If you want to change something for next time (color, placement, ect.) just let me know and I'll send home new instructions. I'm getting my haircut on Wed. I'm nervous but I thought it would be better here than in Chile when I don't really know what I'm telling the lady haha.
 
Thanks again for all your letters and love and support!!!!!!!!!! Sorry this is so short and random. I'm so scatterbrained because the last p day is busy but at least I'll be able to talk to you in less than a week so that kinda makes up for it. I know my p days are Mondays and I get an hour and a half to e-mail so hopefully I will be able to catch you up and explain Chile enough so it's like your there within the first few weeks. I'm sure I'll have lots of interesting moments. I can't think of anything I need you to send, or somthing I'm going to miss. I guess if I haven't missed it yet I don't need it. I'm thinking I might use my debit card for my check in fees and so I think I'm golden.
 
I can't believe the time has already come and I know when I get in the field its going to go even faster but I love you all and can't wait to talk to you on SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!
 
TE AMO TE AMO TE AMO!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the best family ever!!!!!!!!
 
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment