Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hand Written Christmas Letter Home From Hermanas Whyte AND Buckner

Feliz Navidad                                                                                    December 2010

Good tidings we bring to our families and friends from your missionaries here is Chile!! We have had a lot of goings on from Idaho to Chile! We have kept busy and now we are both busy with the missionary life. We wouldn't have it any other way.

A year in the life of Stephanie Whyte
What a  year its been. I started out by transferring to a new school (BYU-I) taking a 6:30AM class in January...In Rexburg...It wasn't my brightest idea. But, as I have been told "You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit!" There were some good time, some bad, and some to always remember.We had a lot of changes. My Dad changed careers, Liz&Joel moved to Farr West, I don't have any new nieces or nephews but I'll take the ones I've got. (If they even remember me after a year and a half) Oh, and I live in Chile now!! I never would have guessed this is where my life would take me, but I am loving it! I've only been here a month and I love seeing peoples lives change as they come to know the Savior. Even though I can't understand them sometimes. I just smile and say "No, En Serio?! Eso es lo que paso?! And so...Life is Good! Livin the dream as a Sister Missionary here in Chile for the next year and a half.

A Word or Two from the Almost Chilena (Hermana Buckner)
Wow! What a year opener I had! Started out by arriving in another country, and then being welcomed by a huge earthquake! Talk about an ice breaker, almost a year later and people still talk about it. From having dogs chase me on my bike and having bugs bite me, seeing people completely change their lives for the Gospel, having friendly fliates help me, opening an area where there hadn't been Sister Missionaries for 20-30 years, hearing about my brother Nicks wedding, Bridget graduating, Liz moving to NC for the summer, and now my parents are home for the first time as empty nesters. So, I've just about seen and heard it all. However, there is still more to come, serving a mission is the best thing I've done. I wouldn't change it for anything.

Se que esta es la obra del Senor. Estoy agradecida por estar aca en Chile! Amo el erangelio. Amo a mi Salvador. Se que esta es la Iglesia de Jesucristo. Lo se y lo siento!! Les amo!

We hope that our families and friends have a very Merry Christmas. because "it's the best time of the year...we don't know if there'll be snow (actually we know there won't be snow here) but have a cup of cheer"

To get the latest news on our adventures email us at...
stephanie.whyte@mylds.net
sarah.buckner@mylds.net

or write us at...
Chile Santiago North Missioin
Forestal 2680
Oficina 32, Piso 3
Casilla 18
Conchali, Santiago
CHILE

Or use dearelder.com

Les amamos mucho!!
Love Hermanas Stephanie Whyte and Sarah Buckner

No comments:

Post a Comment