Monday, May 16, 2011

May 9th, 2011

Hello!  It was SO GREAT to talk to some of you yesterday! Can I just say I LOVE technology and that we could use Skype!! Life rocks:)
 
So, not much too new this week. Diego is still on to get baptized on Sunday so we are super excited for that! We were going to finish his lessons yesterday but he stood us up to be with his Mom... so I guess thats ok:)
 
As you know, it was Cinco de Mayo this week so, of course, we had to celebrate...so we made tacos for lunch. They were SO good! As we talked about yesterday, I love tomatoes and avacado now so that is exactly what we put in our tacos. We have a hat hanging in our apt. and a blanket that looks a little Mexican so we had to take pictures to celebrate their freedom.. haha:) The mustaches just made it that much better. I thought it was funny how the blanket we threw on our shoulders was green, being that we are gringas and all... haha:)
 
We had a projector from the mission in our apt. because they used it for a Primary activity, so we had a little sleep over and pulled our mattereses out into the front room and watched The Testaments. It was a pretty dang good Cinco de Mayo celebration!
 
Oh, on Wed morning we went to visit this old lady who is inactive. She is 88 and still works 4-10 in the evening so we went to visit her in the morning and we went to start by singing a hymn. She said she loves to sing (she doesnt read the Book of Mormon that much because the hymns are much better (in her words haha)) So she chose "How Great thou Art", but then she wanted so sing "Nearer my God to Thee" too. So we tell her we can sing them both. So we start singing "Nearer my God to Thee" and she is sooo off tune and off rythmn!! It was so funny we started to laugh, but she just kept chuggin' a long and we can not stop laughing. It was so funny! I felt kinda bad because we totally ruined the moment but, it was hilarious!! Then when we got all done she looked up and just smiled. Then we sang "How Great thou Art", which was much better because we actually sang instead of laughing so we could guide the tone. It was soo funny.
 
We decided that we need to suck up to people in the Ward, so we made brownies and took them to the Bishop, the Ward Mission Leader, and the Sister who teaches the class for the investigators. They were pretty dang good, so hopefully it works :)  Everyone here loves brownies. Its kinda the joke that all the Missionaries know how to make is brownies, so they kinda make fun of us but, then they say its ok because they like them. So whatever works I guess.
 
That is pretty much all that happened this week. I talked your ear off yesterday and yet again, I have more to say today. I dont think people will say Im quite anymore. I dont know if that is good or bad but hopefully my stories make sense. My English is a little off, as you noticed yesterday. We talk in English as companions sometimes so its not too weird to speak English but, we usually use Spanglish so yesterday was a little interesting... but we made it through.
 
Thanks for all you do for me! I hope you all had a great Mothers Day! It was fun to see you and talk to you! Annie, it didnt really hit me that you were really having a baby until yesterday when I saw your prego belly- Wow!! haha:) That is exciting!! Liz, it was good to hear your voice for a min! Sorry I missed you but I hope you had fun on your cruise- you will have to give me the update on everything! Amber, sorry I missed you too. How did the Primary singing go? Hopefully Noah made it back intime to sing to you! If not, Im really sorry! But I hope you all had a great day and that you have a great week!  Thanks for everything!
TE AMO, TE AMO, TE AMO!!!
Steph
 
Lookout of half of my area right now.
 

  Cinco de Mayo celebration
 

I was so nervous for the phone call yesterday! I thought I was going to throw up... haha:) But seriously I was nervous until it worked and we started talking, then it was just normal
 

No comments:

Post a Comment