Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 3rd, 2011

Hello, hello!
I am soo so very happy right now because I just found out that I can use SKYPE in my phone call this Sunday!!!!!  WHOOP WHOOP! (I think Pres May is getting trunky or something and he is having mercy on us... haha:) Make sure that never gets to him) but I cant even think because Im so excited!  It can still only be about 40 min but it will be that much better. I dont know if we can connect like a three way thing with Granny and Grandpa or what. Im freakin out a little because I dont have any clue how to use skype but I am bound to figure the dang thing out. Technology these days is just so complicating... haha:) (plus it doesnt help when Im way out of the loop).
But this week has been a GREAT week!
So, Diego (the 11 year old boy) we went to teach him but there wasnt a woman in the house so we couldnt go inside and just taught him in the plaza. It was cold outside and he didnt have a jacket so it was short but we gave him the paper for his Mom to sign. He said that she was OK with him getting baptized so we were praying that it is was true. Then on Sat we went to visit him and once again there wasnt a woman so we just taught him at the door but his Mom signed the paper!!!!!!  She said she is going to come to his baptizm.  And yesterday our Bishop talked to the Bishop where he lives (in the other side of Santiago) and we got permission there so we are all set to go! He is just as excited as we are!  He knows so much and has a huge testimony. He said he is going to start saving money to go on a mission and yesterday on the way home from church he was asking what he had to do to be a prophet or apostle... haha:) He is so great! After we taught him yesterday I told my comp that he is going to be Stake President or something some day. We have been giving him the pamphlets of the lessons and he read them and said ¨Now im going to give it to my Mom so she can get baptized too¨ He makes my day!
Clarita got confirmed yesterday! Her daughter was there to watch it too and I dont know if I told you but she said she wants to get baptized too. But we will see what happens with her Dad letting her come to church and stuff. They are so content and happy it makes everything better. We watched the Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration, its the one they show at the visitors center aka: "The Best Church Movie EVER." And they loved it. Everytime I watch it I am so grateful for President Smith.
Also, I cant remember if I told you about Fabian, but he is soaking up the gospel. He said he just wants to find the truth. He came to chruch yesterday (which was amamzing by the way) and after Sacrament meeting we went and talked to him and he said he feels something different here and he likes it. A kid from the single adults in our ward invited him to come to class with him but Fabian said he had to go study but that he would come to the classes next week. So we went and talked to more people and stuff then went into our class for the investigators and he was there! I dont know who stopped him but it was good he came, we talked about the church today and how it came to be. It was exactly what he needed.
But Sacrament meeting yesterday was amazing! The first counsler in the Bishopric got up and said that when they got to the church this morning they were almost out of cups for the sacrament. They only had enough to do 3 trays. So they just hoped that it would be enough. When they got done with the sacrament there was only one water cup left. They sent the Bishops little helper to count the people and there were a lot more people than cups, he was crying and said, I watched the trays as they were going around and how each person took a cup and there shouldnt have been enough. He said, all I know is miracles havent ceased. It was amazing and there were a lot of young people who bore their testimony. It was one of the best testimony meetings I have been to.
I got to see Hermana Buckner and her parents on Monday night. They came to see some people in my area. We only saw them for about 5 min but they are super cute and fun. Her Mom has a little accent and her Dad trying to speak spanish was funny too. It was fun to meet them and her Mom gave me a hug from Mom. So thanks for the hug :) They fly out Wednesday, but I think Hermana Buckner is excited. It is weird to be here without my first 2 comps but it has been good with Hermana Player. She is funny and chill so it makes life good.
That is pretty much all that happened in my life this week. What has been going on there?  Liz and Joel, I hope you are enjoying your cruise! It sounds amazing to hang out in some islands and dress up and go to dinner (I dont know what dressing up is anymore... haha) and all that fun stuff. Keith and Amber, if I dont see you on Sunday in Skype know I love you and hope that things are good. I hear Noah is our next soccer pro! :)  Annie and Calvin, where did you move to? I feel so out of the loop, maybe you told me and I just dont remember but that is exciting. And remind me of when you are due, I cant remember (sorry Im a horrible sister). Keep me updated on all the exciting stuff and not so exciting too :)  Mom, thanks for the update on marriages. By the time I get home it seems like half the world will be married but I guess I preach it everyday so its a good thing people are doing it... haha:) Everyone says we need to practice what we preach so bueno. jk. Thanks for all the updates, prayers, love, letters, and for being you!
Have a great week, or should I say six days. See and talk to you on Sunday!
LOVE ALWAYS
Steph
With Hermana Buckner

With Hermana Player (??)


Buckners brought Mountain Dew for us and then Hermana Stevens sent me a Dr Pepper and A&W Root beer from the grocery store where she is at (the only place that has it) so we were loving life with the American soda

No comments:

Post a Comment