Monday, September 5, 2011

Sept. 5th, 2011

Greetings!
 
Hows life rollin for you all? I am just here in my little world still trying to believe that I have a new nephew. WILLIE! I am soo excited. And it`s so wierd to think that Annie and Calvin are parents. Not that they are bad parents but I just can`t get over it. BUT I am super excited and even more excited to be holding him.
 
Noah, I can`t believe how old/big you are! And you are playing baseball and basketball?!?! LUCKY! You are going to be an allstar by the time I get back! Thanks for praying for me everyday buddy!
 
And how is the fair this year? Basically  the same as every other year- except the people are older and it gets more and more fun to people watch with all the creepers...love it! I am missing so many rodeos!! haha:) But next year... and to think that this week I am going to have 1 YEAR in the mission. WOW! It really was just the other day I was at the fair watching the rodeo and eating a carmel apple. Except now I look in the mirror and think "Wow am I 40 years old or do I just look super old?" haha:) Love life!
 
I like my new area a lot. It is about the same as my old area but there is an area that has new houses that makes me feel like I`m in a subdivision in AZ or something with a pool and all that jazz but then there are areas that are a little more poor but, not too drastic a change from my last area. The airport is in my area and another little town that is outside of the city (I think we are going to go there this week) and that is pretty much all. It`s a big ward so we share it with the Elders and they have the part that is more dangerous.
 
Yesterday after Sunday school I get a tap on the shoulder and it was Enrique Cardenas. He is a Grandpa from my old ward in Los Mares and couldn`t believe it!!! We left without saying goodbye and that we weren`t going to come to lunch this week so he had to come say goodbye to us. He is so cute! It was fun to see him. And in this Ward they have me playing the piano and if you thought I was bad before I came to the mish wait until I haven`t practiced in a year and then see how it sounds but they are patient and tell me it`s ok. They are all super nice.
 
So about the investigators here. There is a guy, Luis, whos wife and daughter got baptized about a year ago and he goes to church and everything but says he doesn`t ¨feel¨ like he is ready to get baptized so we are going to work with him. We had a great lesson and he said he is excited to have us here. So hopefully we can help him make up his mind.
 
Also, there is a guy Browlio, who has been inactive for 7 years. He is a  returned missionary and everything and his girlfriend isn`t a member but they want their daughter to be raised with beliefs in God so they went to church for 2 weeks but to a different ward and then we visited them and tried to convince them to come to our ward (they say it`s a little to sketchy, but it`s really not) and he came yesterday to check it out and said he is going to bring his girlfriend, Sandra, next week. They are awesome and soo nice.
 
We also have two other invstigators that are pretty good but didn`t come to chruch so we have to find out whats up and all that jazz. But that is pretty much my area, life, and week.
 
as for the pictures...
 I might have sent you this already but this is a school on strike. They put the chairs and desks in the fence. oh Chile...
 Hermana Eborn and me at a ward activity this week. They have a saying here that says ¨Pasamos Agosto¨ (we passed August) because it`s the coldest month of the year and lots of old people die so they had a party to celebrate that we all make it through alive.
 Hermano Amable (nice), yes that is really his name. He is the cutest old guy ever. When I was here on splits a while back we contacted him and taught him the first lesson but he lived in the area of the Elders. They taught him and he got bapitzed about 4 months ago. He is sooo cute. His assignment is to welcome the people when they come into the church, so he gets there at 9 (the meeting starts at 10) to make sure he fulfills his calling. He came to the party in his getup to dance the cueca, a typical chilean dance. So I had to take a picture with him and his outfit because he was so excited to be there and dance. I told him that maybe he would find a lucky lady to be his wife and they could dance the night away... haha:) ( I can't seem to get this picture to rotate...sorry)
 
and that is all I have for now. But I hope you all have a great week and remember I LOVE YOU and have some fun for me :)
 
BESITOS
Steph


 

No comments:

Post a Comment