Monday, September 5, 2011

Aug 22nd, 2011

What a week! It`s amazing how time changes. It`s hard to be here without Granny but like Annie said, she has always been a missionary and is probably working her tail off (as usual) on the other side preachin the word. On Wed I read a talk in the conference Ensign for this conference in April. ¨The Atonement Covers All Pain¨ by Elder Richards. It is so good. It made me feel much better. Then come to find out that was the day that Granny passed away. The Lord works in amazing ways. I know she has helped me this week because we found 9 new amazing investigators (which to find 9 new investigators in a week is really good). I was thinking about her and how she always loved watching the movies on Lifetime. I never liked them because it was the same lame story; a couple and then he cheats on her or beats her so she has to escape from him. But I just watched them because she liked them and plus she always had chocolate to eat while we watched so it made it worth it... haha:) Then I was also thinking about when she came to our house and brought P90X to work out. She puts it in and starts doing it and AnnMarie and I are over there dying trying to keep up with her. She is so amazing!
 
And this coming Sunday Paz is going to get baptized! She is excited and it will help her and her Mom stick together to come to church and everything. Her sister Connie is 4 and said the prayer the other day and it was so funny I started laughing because she prayed for all the random things that kids pray for and then at the end she said, oh ya, please bless the kids so they dont have a knife because that is dangerous. I LOVE their family soo much. We have transfers next Monday (we find out Sudnay night). So I will let you know what happens. I am 99% sure I`m leaving but the question is if Hermana Eborn is coming with me or not. She doesn`t want to leave because this area is amazing. It will be hard to leave. I started crying last change when I said good bye to Maria (my first baptism here) and then I stayed so it was ok but now I think I have to say goodbye for real.
 
Doing contacts in the street this week was pretty great. We were talking to this guy and he said he had to go because his boss was waiting for him in the truck and was looking at him angrily and then he went over to the truck and gave us a bunch of avacados...haha::) It was great! Yesterday we passed a guy that we had contacted before and he had warm freshly made bread and gave us some bread. You never know what is going to happen in the streets of Chile!  Then I contacted this kid who was about 16 and he wouldn`t listen to me and was just being rude so I told him ¨Hey, be somewhat of a gentleman and listen to me.¨ Maybe it`s not the best thing to do but it at least got him to stop and listen for a min.
 
Oh, on Wed we ate soo much food. We had a huge lunch with an old guy in our ward who LOVES the Missionaries and so he gives us everything he has. Then we went to Glorian and Paz`s and they had hot chocolate and cake waiting then we went to Maria`s and she had hot sopapillas (that are a little bit like scones) waiting for us. What can we say? The people just love us... haha:) One of our new investigators made us 2 kinds of empanadas yesterday... And this is the life of a Missionary. The only thing that changes in our daily lives is the food we eat!  But that is pretty much all that has happened this week. I hope that you are all doing ok and keepin on the sunny side of life. We are here to be happy so we have to make the best of each moment.
 
I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH and wish you a great week!
con todo mi cariƱo,
Steph
 
I tried to send photos but there is some kind of virus that won`t let me either on my camara or the computer, I`m not sure but I will try next week.
Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment