Monday, September 5, 2011

Aug 29th, 2011

Howdy,
 
How has the week been for ya`ll? There has been lots going on. I hope everything is going ok with the kids, Annie with the house and the baby, crazy.!! I have had a good week here. Paz got baptized yesterday! It was AMAZING! She was so nervous but so happy! Her Mom who got baptized a month ago gave a talk about the Holy Ghost that was so good. All the members said ¨I would have thought she was a member her whole life¨ she was so nervous but it was so great. They started crying so I started crying... haha:) It was a great day.
 
Then last night they called with our news on transfers. They told us that we are both staying here in this area. I was freaking out! I didn`t know how I was going to live with 10 and a half months in one area. Then the zone leaders called and said there was a mix up and that both me and my companion are going to go to San Francisco, which is a Ward in our same Stake. It`s like we are going from a Pingree ward to a Thomas ward. It`s basically on the other side of the road. Well, not really but it`s here close. Then when they told me that I couldn`t believe it either. I was freking out again! It still doesn`t seem real. I have been there quite a few times on splits and so it`s crazy to think that I am going to be serving there. But I like the area a lot. It has a little bit of everything, rich, poor, and everything in between. It`s really close to the airport so the planes are always passing super close. It will be a good change. The Sisters that are there right now are just switching with us and will come to my area.
 
Yesterday we were walking to our apt after lunch and we saw this guy on his motorcycle get hit by a car. It was crazy!!! We didn`t stay to see what happened but it just added to the craziness of the week. This week there were a bunch of protests and everything for the schools. The public transportation and everything went on strike and they did a bunch of stuff. They were making bon fires in the the streets and they burned a Catholic Church and they burned a car and a kid got shot and who knows what else, that is just what the people have told us this far. But nothing happened in my area so it was just another day for us.
 
I cant really think about what happened this week, my mind is still crazy from the changes but I think that is pretty much all that has gone down this week. My letter is so short I`m sure there is more... but nothins comin so I`ll just save it for next week :)
 
I know you are all super busy but I hope your busy things are good. Keep me updated on the nephews and when I have a new one :)  I can`t believe it`s already fair time and all that jazz. Time flies! I am always thinking about ya`ll and pray things are good. Remember I LOVE YOU and have a great week!
Besitos (Chilean style)
Steph
Paz (12) and her little sister Cony (4) before the baptism

Celebrating Paz`s baptism. Luckily it wasn`t raining

Glorian, Paz, and Cony at their house saying goodbye
 

No comments:

Post a Comment