Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18th, 2011

Hello, Hello
How are you all doing? It seems like just yesterday I was writing you but I will try to think of things to tell you. Dad, How does it feel to be the clerk in the singles ward? A little less stress or stressful to learn it all. I´m sure you will be an old pro before you know it! Do you like having the two branches combined? I'm glad to hear that you are going to go down and visit Granny and Grandpa. It will be great to see them. You will probably wear Granny out but it will be worth it! Tell them "Hi" for me. I have written them but I´m not sure if they are checking their email so I don´t know if I will continue until I know.
We are super excited because we are going to have a baptism on Sunday!!!! Clara is so ready! She has been investigating and going to church for 3 years and is the cutest lady on the planet. She has a daughter who is 8, so hopefully she can be a good example and Valentina (her daughter) will get baptized soon. The problem will probably be her Dad, they are in the middle of their divorce and she visits him on the weekends so it´s hard for her to go to church. But we are so excited!
I got the Easter package! Thanks soo much! It was so fun to find all sorts of treasures! I should have everything I need for the rest of my mission. And I LOVED the beanie and the scarf- so stinkin´ cute! and you know me all to well to send me the biggest bag of cadbury eggs I have ever seen! It´s a piece of heaven in Chile! The chocolate here is ok, but not great. They ship some stuff in from the states of Hersheys but it´s super expensive and the nasty chocolate is expensive too but I will be set until who knows when :)  Thanks!
This week Hermana Dymock went to the temple and so I was with a different Hermana, Hermana Moss, from Mapelton UT so I asked if she knows Stephen Whyte and she does! She said her dad knows him more but that she knows him too. It was fun to find that connection. If you talk to Steve tell him that I am in the mission with Amber Moss, the daughter of Ryan who works in Little Gian Ladders. (I think that is what you call it) and while we were together I cut her and her comps hair. I didn´t realize how much I miss doing hair. But then I remembered that when I get home I will get all back into practice with all of you! :)
This week we painted a part of a members bathroom with the paint we had left over from our little mishap in the kitchen that we repainted. So we used it to paint 2 walls in the shower of this less active, Victoria. She is a smoker and we were almost dying breathing in her house and we smelled like smoke for the rest of the day but it looks a lot better. It was super moldy and not good. So now she has 2 new walls, so it´s a little better.
Our investigator Matilde had a birthday this week (I think she turned 53) so we took her a lemon pie. I had never tried a lemon pie here, but it was SOO good! Hermana Dymock has the recipe so I'm going to get it from her. They use sweetened condensed milk so it makes it rich and yummy. They use sweetened condensed milk in everything here. But it was fun to celebrate a little with her. She is so funny she gets us laughing and she starts laughing so hard her whole body shakes. I love it. Also we went to teach Lydia who lives above us and in the end she ended up giving us lip stick and clothes. She had me try this lip stick shine stuff and said it looks so good I have to take it with me. I like it but it leaves your lips feeling weird but oh well. Then she gave me a red spagetti strap shirt and a black and grey stripped shirt that is about 3 sizes too small for me. But it´s the thought that counts I guess. Haha they are funny. They don´t relize the rules we have as missionaries. They are great though, they came down at 9 (so we still weren´t home) on Friday to invite us to eat some sushi with them. But they found out that Hermana Dymock is leaving so they said they are going to make us sushi for when we come to teach them next Saturday.
Also, Last monday we made alfejoles (little things of deliciousness) with a sister in the ward. We still haven´t gotten them because the longer they sit the better they are. but they last for like 6 months. They are soooo good. It´s like soft cookies with manjar which is like a carmel in between, and dipped in chololate. They are tasty! And we made 100 of them and it only costed $12.50. It´s a good thing they don´t have them there in the states or I would be addicted.
That has pretty much been my week. I hope you all have a good week and I will talk to you next week. What new is going on in your lives? How are all the little niƱos doing? I bet they are growing up so fast and are ready to go out and play all summer long... haha:) Annie, how is everything going with the baby? I'm so excited to talk to you in 3 weeks! I don´t know when but it will be great! It seems like it has been a long time but all at the same time it seems like it was just yesterday. The mission life is crazy! I love it and am so happy to be in Chile. There are a lot of things going on at home but I hope that everything is good and remember that I love you all and miss you like crazy. Time goes by fast though and so I better soak up every minute with these crazy Chileans... haha :)
Have a great week, know I love you like no other and I will write you next week. Have a great one!
LOVE AWLAYS!!!!
Steph

Alfejoles we made

A catholic cathedral they have turned into a museum of sorts

LOVE my Easter package.Thank You:)

Sister Dymock and me!!

The Post Office

No comments:

Post a Comment