Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11th 2011

Wow, lots of exciting things going on in life! First of all, I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT AGAIN!!!!! I'm so excited! It´s good to have a bunch of boys. I like it and I imagine how much fun they are going to have together when they are a little older. Life is good!
It sounds like things are good there and you get to see each other quite a bit. Maybe it was the same when I was there but it was just normal. But it´s exciting. You just need to take more pictures and email them to me :) or you can wait until I get home and everything will be a surprise.. haha.:)
This week has been good. On Monday we surprised Hermana Dymock and met up with another set of Sisters and went to lunch. Once again at another Peruvian place (it´s always so good, we just can´t get enough) She was excited. She only has 2 weeks left and everyone keeps reminding her.. including me, but we are still working hard. On Tuesday we had interviews with President May (we have them every 3 months) and usually he likes to talk but I was at the end of the list this time so he was tired so we didn´t talk too much but they are excited and sad to finish too. On Wednesday we had family home evening with the Bishops family and 2 of our investigators. It went really well. Bishop has a granddaughter who is the same age as one of our investigators, Gabi, who is ten. It was good but her Mom wants her to get baptized with her and she still has to get divorced and get married. And that is a long process here so it will be about a year and a half before anything can happen. It´s hard when it´s like that because they are reading the Book of Mormon, coming to church, and praying but they can´t progress to a baptism so you want to teach them but you can´t waste much time with them because we are here to baptize too. So we aren´t passing by a whole lot but they are soo great.
We decided to knock the doors of people that live in our building. The first door we knocked were the people that live above us..they said "Oh hi, come in!" We thought they were members but we started asking questions and they have never talked to the missionaries and one of them doesn´t know if he believes in God. But they are super great! We are going to go back and teach them tonight. So we will see what happens. They said that they are moving in 2 months but they want to invite us to their house when they move for a BBQ... haha:). People are so funny. And when you try to explain to them that we have rules like we can´t leave our sector or we have to be in the house at 10 in the night time or that there has to be a woman in the house or we can´t go in. They just don´t understand, but oh well. A lot of people get offended but we have decided that if they can´t accept something that we have to do how can they accept to keep commandments like the Word of Wisdom or something. But it´s always interesting. I love talking to people and here they tell you whatever story... it´s so funny.
On Saturdays we walk through the fair where they sell food and a little bit of everything and announce classes for English and give out pamphlets. I love it because people come and talk to us :) Also there are all types of people. And everyone tries to use the English they know which is "Hello, my name is..., and beautiful." It´s so funny, I love it.  I went to buy a pound of grapes from this one guy. And he had 4 different flavors so he gave me some to try (that is normal) and then I chose the ones I liked and told him I wanted a pound and so I went to give him 50 cents but he filled up the bag with 3 pounds and said, no it´s a gift for being so beautiful... haha:) The people at the fair are so funny. So now we have a lot of grapes to eat.
Then at church a Brother gave us a bag full of food, he has brought huge bags of food the past 3 weeks because he lives alone so we can´t go into his house so he just brings it to the church. He is the funniest old guy. We told him that he is going to make us fat and he told us that we can´t get fat until after we get married. He is hilarious.
Well, that was pretty much my week. Nothing too exciting but it´s been good. I can´t believe I have been in this area for 4 months. It´s crazy. But I like it here, everyone is nice. I hope you have a good week. Keep me updated on all the exciting things going on. Dad and Mom, I'm a little jealous that you got to go to the rodeo. But I'll have plenty of time for that I´m sure :)  Have fun this week and I will talk to you all next week, well write next week and talk in 3 weeks (WOW, I´m so excited!)
Have a great time and remember I love and miss you!
TE QUIRO, TE QUIRO, TE QUIRO
Steph
These pics were attached to this letter but had no explanations? I am sure they will come but for now, here they are...
The buildings where I live, Its actually out my back
window.

A Monday looking in to the square of plaza de armas (famous) and as usual, 
there are lots of poeple

The entry of the subway. People go and play and it´s really cool. I´m sure they make
pretty good money there.

No comments:

Post a Comment