Friday, October 29, 2010

October 11, 2010


Hola Familia!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear everything is going good! I try to keep a list of things to tell you throughout the week because everything blends together and I don't know what happened when and usually I can't even remember what happened. To celebrate our 1/2 way mark, we had smile fuit snacks...it was great haha. Also we got a new elder in our district. He was supposed to leave 3 weeks ago but he broke his fibula playing soccer so he has to stay until probably Nov 2 or possibly Nov 8 when we leave. He is going to Dallas Texas- I'm glad he is in our district though because he is really focused and happy even though he has been here forever. We call him abuelo Rouse (grandpa) because he has been here since July and is dang good at spanish because of it.

Yesterday our district sang in Sacrament Meeting. We sang Come Follow Me. I had to play because the person we wanted to play wasn't there so I'm not sure how it went but at least its over. I have still been playing the piano everyweek but I am determined to find someone else to play this Sunday! :) Liz- thanks for the letter, Ethans artwork, and pictures! Poor Ethan! Is he doing ok? He is a trooper, I wonder if it will leave a scar. A great story I guess. Mom I don't think I need any microwave stuff- I get fed well here. You asked about speakers for devotionals... I wrote down a list but I forgot it but we have had three people from the 70. The name I remember is Neunschwander but yesterday for Relief Society we had the 1st counsler of the General Primary Pes. it was really good and when when I first got here we had Sister Dalton (primary pres) so those have been the coolest ones so far. Elder Holland came a week before we got here so we missed him but rumor is that we are supposed to be having "really good speakers" this month so we will see who comes.

Oh for SLCC you said I have to get petitioned out of BIO1610. Is that through SLCC of does someone from BYUI petition me out- how does it work? If I need to do anything let me know. If someone from BYUI can do it my anat and phys teacher would do it. so just let me know. Dad and Keith- how was biking last week? Where did you go? I bet it was fun- hopefully not too cold. Noah- thanks for the cool pictures and for the cookies I loved them! Mom and Dad, thanks for the box it was fun to hear from ya! I can't think of anything i need before I leave but if I do I'll let you know. That is sooo cool about Marshall's mission call! Tell him congrats for me and he will do AMAZING!!!!! And Shandarae going to Georgia! Thats freakin sweet! I'm excited for her, tell her congrats too! Missions are the best!!!! I'm loving the MTC so far, it's amazing but I'm getting more and more excited to go to the field.

So I have this problem with my spanish...whenever I say El Libro de Mormon, I always say Mormon with a total white girl gringa voice. Everyone always laughs at me so that's my goal- try not to be so white haha well see how that goes. Oh and I was in the cafateria for lunch and this Elder comes up to me and asks if I'm related to people with this weird name who are from Georgia. I say Ive never heard of them but he keeps going off about how much I look like his friend who is from there and we are bound to be related. Anyway I eneded up getting a picture with him so he could send it to his friend who is apperently my twin haah it was so funny I love that stuff.

One of my teachers was tellin us that little kids ask you how to say stuff in english and his companion would tell the kids to say "the Pope is a dope" ha I thought it was the funniest thing ever. I can just imagine little kids running around thinking they know how to speak spanish sayin this they don't even know what it means. But this week in the english fast it was much easier to speak spanish. It's still REALLY rusty but it's getting better. I don't think I'll ever be ready but just go and do I guess.

Calvin- I hope you have fun traveling the country, I'm a little jelous. Annie hopefully once you get caught up on school you don't get too bored...if that can happen.

How is everything else going? I love you all sooooooooo much! A thought that we were told is "we left something we love for something we love even more" which is the gospel. Sometimes it seems like I can't love anything more than yall but the gospel is EVERYTHING so it's worth it. Another thought "MIssionary- someone who leaves their family for a short time so others can be with theirs forever" So it's all worth it in the end. I'm so excited to go serve and I know the Lord will bless us all! Thank you soooo much for all your love and support! I have the greatest family ever!!!!!! I already never want to have to take off my name tag, the spirit that is with you when you have it on is soooo amazing- I've never felt anything like it. I never want to give  it up.  Tell everyone hello for me- I'm doing fabulous just living the missionary dream!!!

TE AMO TE AMO TE AMO MUCHO!!!!!!!!!
Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment