Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Aug 8th 2011

CELEBRATE.....I officially have 11 months in the mission. I remember my first month in Chile, I thought, "Wow, I am never going to be that old." But I guess that`s how the cookie crumbles.
 
This week....I feel like I have done a lot of things but when I put it on paper it`s not that much. There has been a lot of protests with the education. They want to to be free (ya I don`t understand) but they have been protesting for a long time downtown. Lots of schools have already lost the year and are going to have to repeat. On Thursday night we were in the street and people just start making all this noise. I was thinkin, "What is going on? There isn`t a soccer game tonight." Come to find out. it was part of the protest for everyone at 9:00 start pounding on their pots and pans in their houses. It was pretty funny because there were people everywhere just pounding on pots. We couldn`t help but laugh.
 
There is this old guy in our ward, Victor. He got baptized 2 years ago. He is so cute! He lives alone, has never been married, and is on dialysis. We go visit him every Wed. and he always makes me smile. This week he gave me a little Buddah guy that you can put incense in to burn. It`s so funny. He also gave me a random little painting thing he did about 3 months ago. I am starting to collect all this stuff that I have no idea what the heck I`m going to do with it but oh well, good memories I guess :)
 
Another thing, they have so many holidays here. Yesterday was Kid`s day (ya, just like Father`s Day or Mother`s day) so all the kids were so happy with all their new toys and stuff. Then on Fri. it was balloon day. So everyone had balloons. They just make up different days to switch things up I guess. But it`s pretty fun.
 
Glorian got confirmed yesterday. She`s so cute! She knows so much and studies the BOM like crazy. It`s awesome. Everyone in gospel principals jokes that she is too fast finding the scriptures and interpreting them. As for her daughter, she said she still doesn't want to get baptized. She wants to but doesn`t want to do it super soon. So we are trying to be patient :) But we have been having a lot of success. We have found 8 new investigators this week and last week too. It`s amazing how people are being prepared to accept the Missionaries. (And it helps that I`m a blond gringa... haha:)  I figure if they are the ones that are contacting me, està bien :)
 
As for winter,Its still here, but its not too bad. Everyone raved about how horrible it was so I was expecting the worst but ìt`s not too bad. It rains about 2 times a week, cloudy about 3 days and sunny 2 days. So I`ll take what I can get.
 
I can`t think of any other exciting news... Oh, in Moms letter she asked me to write about stuff that has happened. So here is a story from about a month and a half ago. It was, once again, a random catholic holiday and so everything was closed, so we were taking pictures by this fountain (4 sister Missionaries) and we were just kinda hanging out looking at the pictures and Hermana Player looks up and says ¨He has a gun¨ so we look over and there was this guy who was running from the cops and there was this undercover cop who is just walking normal and then when the guy running from the cops comes, he just whips out a gun and has it to his face. Then the cops caught up and took him away and the undercover cop just walks away. It was so crazy. We were all just looking at each other thinking, did that just really happen? We felt like we were in a movie... haha :) That was the most exciting thing that has happened in a while.
 
It sounds like you had a good little camping trip. I bet the kids loved it. And Mom and Dad came :) Did they remember their tent poles? haha
Annie, I still keep telling myself every week when I get your update. Wow, she really is going to have a baby. LOCO! But I`m super excited!
I love hearing about all the people that are going on Missions and getting married (oh the circle of life) I can`t believe all the changes. It seems like because nothing has changed in my life, everything and everyone should be on freeze too. Bueno.
 
 This is Andrea and David Gonzalaz, they are the cutest couple in our ward I swear. I freaking love them, and she makes really good food ;)
 
 This is the Moneda. To tell you the truth I have no idea what they do there or anything but it`s a government building that is on all the postcards so I thought I would take a picture of it... haha:)
 Hermana Sampson and I went on intercambios this week. She got here 3 weeks ago. She is from South Jordan and is awesome!
 
That is my week in a nut shell. I hope you all enjoy your week and know that I LOVE YOU!!!!!
 
LES AMO!!!!
Hermana Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment